EastHampton Pool Opening
May 8, 2021
The Board of Directors is working with our pool company, our management company, our HOA attorney, and following the Governor’s mandates to develop our best effort to comply with requirements and provide as safe as an environment as possible for those wanting to enjoy our pool this season. All residents must follow our revised pool rules along with guidelines established by the Cobb County Board of Heath, CDC, and the Governor’s mandates.
· Summary of Covid~19 related changes
· Revised 2021 Pool Rules
The pool will close at 4:00 p.m. on the following dates for swim team meets.
Home Meet ~ June 9, 2021
Home Meet ~ June 30, 2021
Clubhouse, Exercise Rooms, and both playgrounds remain closed at this time.
EastHampton Board of Directors
Covid~19 Pool Requirements 2021
1. Limited Hours – 8 AM - 9 PM Sunday through Saturday
· May 8, 2021 through last day of Cobb County Schools May 26, 2021 lifeguards will be on duty Saturdays and Sundays only.
· The pool area shall be open from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (8:00 p.m. Cobb County School nights, Sunday through Thursday.) These hours are subject to change without notice depending upon pool conditions, problems with misuse or vandalism, or other circumstances. The entire pool area is closed at 9:00 p.m. and will be routinely patrolled by Cobb County Police to discourage trespassing and vandalism.
· Your pool key is required for entry
2. Reservations Are Not Required
3. Residents and family member guests, not to exceed 6
· Family member guests; Grandmother, Grandfather, Mom, Dad, Married Children and Spouse, Grandchildren.
· Pool and pool deck area will be limited to 75 residents
· All residents under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or resident over the age of 21. This is to control gathering and social distancing.
· Residents must bring cleaning/disinfecting supplies – spray cleaning bottles with disinfectant, hand sanitizer and disposable towels.
4. Facial covering masks required on entry. Masks are not to be worn in the water.
· Lifeguards are responsible for water safety only.
6. Social Distancing
· All residents need to adhere to CDC and Georgia guidelines on social distancing of 6 feet.
· Parents must monitor children, while in the water, while lining up and using the water slide and on the deck area, to adhere to social distancing.
· Do Not Move Pool Furniture between groupings. Each grouping is spaced 6 feet apart.
· Residents must clean and disinfect furniture in their area before and after use.
· Bathroom use limited to one resident/family at a time.
· Showers are not available.
9. Other changes
· No parties are allowed.
· No cabana rentals or access to the cabana.
· No interfamily sharing of toys, floats, kick boards, noodles, etc.
· No balls are allowed at this time
· No congregating at the grill areas. One resident at a time in these limited areas.
EASTHAMPTON POOL RULES ~ REVISED
All members are required to familiarize themselves and their children with these revised rules.
Due to the CDC Covid-19 social distancing requirement parents are responsible for their children at all times. All resident children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent to enter the pool area when a lifeguard is on duty. When no lifeguard is on duty you must be 21 to enter the pool area.
1. Registration --- All residents must check in with the gate attendant each time upon entering the pool.
2. Lifeguard Break --- There will be a 15 minute break each hour which shall be announced by the lifeguard.
3. During Lifeguard break, children are not allowed to sit on any of the pool steps, lip of the pool, or ladders, nor may they place any body part in the water. Failure to observe this rule shall result in the child being required to “sit out” of the pool once the break ends for a minimum of 15 minutes or as the lifeguard shall determine.
4. Lifeguards and Gate Guards --- Lifeguards and gate guards have the authority and responsibility to enforce the pool rules and to use their discretion to address safety and behavior concerns of the pool area. Persons not following the directives of the lifeguard and gate guard are subject to enforcement measures which may include: but are not limited to expulsion from the pool area and suspension or termination of pool facility use privileges. Persons expelled from the pool may not re-enter without written permission from the Advisory Committee or Board of Directors.
5. Waterslide --- The waterslide shall only be in operation when a lifeguard is present and a slide monitor (Parent) is on site to oversee social distancing.
· Parents must monitor children, while lining up on the deck area and using the water slide, to adhere to 6 ft. social distancing.
· Only one (1) person may be on the slide at a time.
· You must slide down the water slide on your back or bottom with your feet first.
· You must not intentionally spin as you move down the slide. This is dangerous and has caused several injuries.
· No objects of any kind may be taken down or thrown down the slide.
· Noncompliance with the water slide rules may result in the lifeguard banning a person from slide use.
6. Persons with COVID-19 symptoms, any type of infections, or open wounds will be denied pool entry.
7. No chewing gum is permitted in the pool or any of the pool areas or pool cabana at any time.
8. No glass or other breakable containers may be used inside the pool fenced in area. The fine for noncompliance of glass rule is as follows: • First offense $250.00 and payment of all service calls and maintenance charges if pool is closed. • Second offense $500.00 fine, payment of all service calls and maintenance charges and season ban of pool facility.
9. Children over the age of six (6) are not allowed in the baby pool. Lifeguards do not guard the baby pool. Adult supervision is required at all times at the baby pool.
10. Cobb County requires that all children not completely “potty-trained” or younger than three years of age must wear a swim diaper and rubber pants inside their swimsuits. Swim diapers alone and specially constructed swimsuits with built-in safeguards, etc., have not proven effective and are not acceptable. Only snug-fitting rubber pants and swim diaper are appropriate. The lifeguard or gate attendant may routinely and randomly request that a parent show that their child is wearing rubber pants and swim diaper inside the fenced-in pool area. Failure to comply with such a request or failure to wear appropriate rubber pants shall result in the parent and child being removed from the pool area. When fecal matter enters the pool water the pool must immediately be shut down and “shocked” with chemicals and the water re-circulated for at least 24 hours. Otherwise, serious bacteria and disease can be spread infecting swimmers. The fine for noncompliance with this rule is as follows:
• First offense $250.00 and payment of all service calls and maintenance charges if pool is closed.
• Second offense $500.00 fine, payment of all service calls and maintenance charges and season ban of pool facility.
11. The use of rafts, floats, noodles and other pool items shall be left to the discretion of the lifeguard based on pool usage and capacity. No sharing of these items is allowed at this time.
12. No unlawful use shall be made of the pool, pool area or pool cabana.
13. No balls allowed at this time. No ball playing, running or “horseplay” shall be permitted on the pool deck or in the pool area.
14. Only proper swimming apparel will be allowed in the pool. Please be reminded our pool is a family facility.
15. Clean up after yourselves in all pool areas. There is no maid service at the pool. Please dispose of all trash in proper containers.
16. No diving in water less than 5 feet in depth.
17. No dogs or other pets will be permitted in the pool area. Pets may not be tied up outside the fence of the pool area or in the vicinity of the pool.
18. Children are not permitted to play (such as making “forts” or “tents”) with the pool furniture or furnishings. Such activity damages the paint finish, legs, webs and joints of the chairs and lounges.
19. Swim Lessons --- Swim lessons are permitted for residents only. Lessons may be held the first 45 minutes of the hour. No swim lessons are allowed during adult swim.
20. Alcohol --- Alcoholic beverages shall be consumed with discretion and in moderation in accordance with local and state laws. All alcohol consumption shall be at the consumer’s risk and shall not be the responsibility of EastHampton Community Association, Inc.
21. Tobacco/Smoking --- The EastHampton pool area and pool cabana are tobacco-free facilities.
22. Pool Cabana --- No rentals at this time
23. Lost and Found --- Lost and found items shall be located in the pool area near the cabana entrance. Items shall be discarded every two weeks.
24. Pool Hours/Adult Supervision --- The pool area shall be open from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (8:00 p.m. Cobb County School nights, Sunday through Thursday.) These hours are subject to change without notice depending upon pool conditions, problems with misuse or vandalism, or other circumstances. The entire pool area is closed at 9:00 p.m. and will be routinely patrolled by Cobb County Police to discourage trespassing and vandalism.
25. When a lifeguard is on duty all residents under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or resident over the age of 21. This is to control gathering and social distancing. When no lifeguard is on duty you must be 21 to enter pool area.
26. All residents will ensure their behavior and language is conducted in a courteous and acceptable manner while at the pool facility. Behavior deemed inappropriate for our family facility can result in expulsion from the pool area and suspension or termination of pool facility use privileges.
27. Residents of EastHampton who do not reflect a zero account balance shall not be permitted to use any of the recreational facilities, including the pool facility. Any balance on your account will cause pool admittance to be denied.
28. All swimming takes place at your own risk and is your responsibility. The presence of a lifeguard does not ensure your safety or the safety of your children. EastHampton Community Association, Inc. does not assume any responsibility for the health and safety of residents.
29. Security --- Each family has been issued a key for the locks at the pool and tennis courts. Access to the pool area should be gained only by use of these keys by properly authorized persons. Take care to safeguard your key. Do not duplicate it or allow its unauthorized use. Insurance requirements dictate that the pool gate remained locked at all times as an added measure of security.
30. Persons with special circumstances may make written application to the HOA’s board of directors for any exceptions from the foregoing rules. The board shall be happy to consider any suggestions for the pool area. These should be submitted in writing through www.myeasthampton.net
31. Except in the case of an emergency, please refrain from addressing your suggestions and/or complaints to members of the board or pool committee while they are attending the pool for their own personal use and enjoyment. These should be submitted in writing through www.myeasthampton.net
These Revised Rules were adopted by the Board of Directors of EastHampton Community Association, April 2021.
EH Swim Meet - Pool Closes at 4pm
Wednesday, June 9th, 4pm
EH Swim Meet
EH Swim Meet - Pool Closes at 4pm
Wednesday, June 30th, 4pm
EH Swim Meet
|Welcome New Residents|
Sean and Unislawa Williams
4300 Granby Way
4411 Waterbury Lane
Ned and Holly Wright
2103 Kinsmon Drive
Wesley Calvin and Kendra Jackson
4542 Rutherford Drive
Zhexing Wen and Liang Han
2049 Kinsmon Drive
Kristofer and Jennifer Johnson
4415 Waterbury Lane
Marco Sanchez and Maria Reyes
4422 Waterbury Lane
Robin and Matthew Nuttall
1702 Kinsmon Cove